To trace back the roots for a healthy living we need to look back to our past. Our ancestors invested quite a bit of time and resources in finding the perfect recipe to for maintaining a healthy body and a healthy mind. The secret is to have a perfect balance between the food we intake and physical exercise.
A healthy mind has to be trained by means of meditation, reading, and spirituality. Whereas a healthy body needs to be trained in exercise, yoga and healthy eating. The body is a complex machine which runs on nutrients and carbs, with a mind which can cross vicissitude of imagination and creativity. A powerful mind can be easily trained for a higher purpose by keeping it stress-free yet engaged in a productive task.
With the advancement in technology, we are turning into couch potatoes. Home deliveries, Smartphones, smart homes and easy cabs have made us sloth and lazy. But that can be changed. Technology is meant to ease our life and not be our life, we can adapt the following healthy option for a better living:
- Everyday Physicality: Try and exercise for at least 20 minutes every day.
- Intel Curiosity: Be inquisitive and have focused thought, try and exploring new trades of thought.
- Enrich Creativity: Always challenge your mind to find a connection between ideas in useful ways.
- Social Unity: Create and maintain enriching human bonds and a social interaction network.
- Embrace Spirituality: Find a source of inspiration.
- Balanced Energy: Eat well and work out, calories in and calories out, reducing your carbon footprint.
- Simplicity: Useless, want less and need less. Embrace simple living and high thinking.
Homo-sapiens are built to run. We were meant to coordinate and hunt. Collaborate to cook and socialize to entertain. These were our primary tasks. They gave us a fit body and a fit mind. It’s time we embrace a similar trend and do the same in a more civilized manner. And then there is the mind; a mysterious place. It can be trained to do wonders, calming the mind is the gateway to a longer life. Managing stress, anxiety and pressure gets easy when you equip yourself with meditation, spirituality, and relaxation. The sign of a healthy mind is reflected in the personality. Eating low fat, low carb and fruits are the external influents to keep a normalized body ecosystem.
As Buddha explained that the way to Enlightenment is to control the mind, and all wisdom and virtue will eventually follow.