It is not that you have to spend money to make some your business a success. Smart idea, great team effort, and budget-friendly tools will definitely help you to launch your dreams by building the momentum. A right use of right tool could help you to save time & effort and in return, it could help you to reach a wider audience in a shorter time period.
Here’s a list of essential tools for a startup founder which you would want to try your hands on right away!
1. Design a website: A picture that leaves a mark in everyone’s mind! Yes, the first impression it is. Create a website which pulls the audience by its elegance, attractive features and easy user interface.
- Wix: When you’ve a tight budget for creating a beautiful, functional website to launch your service/product, you can rely on WIX. This is a free tool to create your own website. Choose an appropriate website template, make the custom requirements, write your content and launch!
- Squarespace: It is a simple and affordable website designing tool. You can create your own website (with no coding) by choosing a website template to suit your business requirement. It has got minimum charges to launch your business website, also it offers 14-days free trial period, in case you want to give it a try and decide accordingly.
2. Logo Design: Logo is essential, it creates an identity for your business and if you’re a startup founder, you can understand this clearly. Thanks to the Digital world that has made the search for essential tools easy. And luckily, you’ve a tool that can help you to create some stunning logo options for your startup.
If you are looking for a logo, then, ‘99 Designs’ is the one. It provides you with the stunning result as per your requirements wherein you need to follow a quick process: Brief your specific requirements, launch the contest by buying a package and you are good to go. Designers across the whole world will be at your service! The designers will send you their work as per your words and you need to select the best among them and announce the winner.
3. The Staff Crew: Well, as a startup, you might face an initial hiccup to hire full-time/part-time employees. Freelancer is an application which allows you to post your requirements, duration, quotation of the project also. You find the blooming talents, covering different areas say, writers, virtual assistants, developers, designers and more.
4. Management of the project: The fourth Essential Tools For a Startup Founder is after hiring the talents across the world, it is time to focus on the productivity. This brings you to a point where you need to look for handy and easy tools for project management and communications.
- Slack: Slack is a communication tool which connects the teams to chat and update about the ongoing progress. Due to its smoothness and versatility, Slack is widely used even though it is relatively new. Slack allows you to create different channels or a private conversation. You can also share the documents and easily look for messages, notifications in your archive. As everything is synced automatically on your device, it can be connected to other apps such as Skype, WordPress etc.
- Trello: Trello is a free tool used widely for managing projects. It has a super cool interface that allows you to create tasks, log ideas, track ongoing project development, pending tasks and more. It is easy to use tool, and can be used by small size to big size company. All you need to do is create lists filled with cards. Team members (only when access allowed) can open a card, comment, upload files, create checklists, and more.
5. Advertising- The master key: Online advertisement plays a major role in adding the life to the company by reaching widely to targeted audiences and drawing their attention. When you are not getting the traffic and the leads you are looking for, it turns into an expensive burden for a startup. Hence a right advertising tool could be a life saver. Choosing a budget-friendly tool or an agency that splashes a drastic difference is what a startup founder must do!
- Clickbooth is a company that strikes the deal by offering you a CPA (Cost Per Action) model wherein you have to pay only for the sales or leads that you are getting from each campaign rather than paying a wholesome rate. This can be a savior when you are on a tight budget.
6. Get Outstanding Creatives: You can always rely on budget friendly and easy tools to solve your designing problems. What if you can have a simple drag & drop tool to create some outstanding design for your social media platforms and other advertising displays like mobile ad banner and more! Sounds good?
- Canva is an online graphic design tool that provides you easy and wide access of templates, more than a million photographs, graphics and many options of fonts.
7. Content marketing: Now, here comes the challenge when you have to attract customers plus need to make them stay on your website. In short, you have to convert customers into loyal customers by investing in the content. Make sure you come up with a content that ranks high in search engines and thus reaching your target audience.
- Searchmetrics: To achieve the result, you can look at its services. Searchmetrics offers you to analyze your rankings, search experience optimization, historic keyword rankings, competition rankings and many other effective tools to work out your digital marketing strategy & content marketing. All this comes at an extremely affordable rate that is $49 per month. I bet these offers will definitely bring momentum to your startup at such budget-friendly rate. Great deal!
- Sidekick: This email add-on has the potential to change your email marketing/ mail reach drastically! Well, sidekick allows you the information such as if someone has opened your email, the place from where she checked your email, opening frequency and more. If you’re planning a new e-mail campaign, you can make use of sidekick and Thank us later!
8. The payment mode: It is likely to attract customers to pay quickly by accepting different modes of payment. As you know, most of the payment processing companies showcase a lavish price, making it difficult for the include wide range of payment options for startups.
- PayFirma changes the whole scenario of the “expensive threat” by offering a mode which accepts all payment types from every particular device. Cool, huh? Well, as an icing on the cupcake, this company charges only 1.99 percent and 25 cents for each transaction. You can also be interested in its smallest plan for $25 each month wherein you are allowed for the daily sales reports, 5 users and capability to perform both mobile and web transactions.
9. Refer and earn: Yes, every startup founder look for referral and a small help can always be appreciated. Isn’t it? Reference is a different ball game which can raise your company standards higher & increase awareness about your company. Referral Candy brings that excitement by providing you with these great offers: Refer-a-friend comes up with amazing discounts, free giveaways, promotions and more which tempt the customers to share a link! You can hit a 30-day trial pack by choosing one from different levels. For example, the smallest plan costs $25 per month or 7.5 percent of monthly referral sales which provides you with all the features, advocates, and unlimited visitors. It also provides the service within 24 hours of contact with the technical support response time.
10. Health & Exercise to keep you fit: We understand that being a startup founder, you hardly take out time for keeping you active and fit. Believe us, health is an important key for success. You can make use of the 7-Minute Workout app! It helps you to stay fit, active & focused with short workouts. No need to take out time to hit a gym, when all you need is a chair and a wall to stay fit. So, leave the chair and move your body to stay fit!
If you’re a startup founder, you need not to be proficient in handling every single thing on your own, when you can employ simple, effective and budget friendly tools to handle the tasks efficiently. These budget-friendly tools will definitely let you have a bird’s eye view on the project and to stay coordinated. Invest your ideas, thoughts, and effort in turning your dream into reality. Yes, your business it is!
Meanwhile, we’re here to answer your questions related to tools and other simple hacks. Are you employing tools and apps too to handle your startup tasks? If yes, do let us know how is it helping you in managing your tasks. Also, help us to enrich this list further as many entrepreneurs are looking for helpful tools and your review can help them to take a better action.
Please like and comment if you like our take on Essential Tools For a Startup Founder.
We wish you all the very best for your startup!
Click Here to read latest updates on Business and Entrepreneurship on your favorite platform, Skoopify!